Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paciugo in Hermosa Beach Ca.
Ahhh Paciugo! Sometimes you don't have to travel far from home to find something that is a pure delight! After discovering that this sweet treat had 70% less fat than ice cream I was not only surprised but over the moon with excitement. Paciugo (pronounced puh-choo-go) has some of the best gelato ever made...at least I think so. No I haven't been to Italy yet...our 2012 trip will be booked soon...but I just can't imagine any way that it could be better. You can bet that when we do arrive in Italy next year I will put it to the test. Probably several.
When you visit Paciugo you have the choice of 4 different flavors in a medium cup. I'm kind of becoming an expert about this place and have decided to go with 2 instead. So far nothing beats the Sea Salt Caramel mixed with the Brown Sugar Waffle Cone flavor. I've labored over many creative flavor combinations and this one is the true winner. Are there other excellent flavors? Yes...but this particular mix will knock your socks off. Just in case you don't believe me you can ask them to let you taste a flavor...or four. They're always so accommodating with giving out samples. If you're ever walking around the Hermosa Beach Pier you MUST make a visit to Paciugo.

No comments:

Post a Comment